Roxy Meloni
A
@LiberalDoc
Thank you for the add and follow back. It's so rare to find a French Canadian (I'm guessing Quebecois) here.
07:30 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Doctor Michael
A
In response to Roxy Meloni.
Mainly Acadian (Mom was a LeBlanc, Dad’s mom was a Girouard) with some Quebecois in the mix.

And you?
07:34 PM - Apr 08, 2024 (Edited)
Roxy Meloni
A
In response to Doctor Michael.
Half Jewish, was brought up as an Anglophone but went to French immersion for years so I always could speak French. I found out that half my DNA is French and I also have Acadian ancestors only a couple of years ago. The LeBlanc's I knew were from Bathurst,NB. I am related to Dagenais and Lariviere.
11:43 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Doctor Michael
A
Very cool! Our LeBlancs were from Barachois and Cap-Pele, but we’re probably related at some point. I have found I am my own cousin about 15 times on my French side 🤣
11:46 PM - Apr 08, 2024 (Edited)
Roxy Meloni
A
I have the same problem on my Jewish side. Not a huge gene pool to fish in and no one married outside the faith. French side too lol
Were you born there or here?
11:48 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Doctor Michael
A
I was born here. 3rd generation.
11:50 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Roxy Meloni
A
Have you ever been to Quebec or France? I have never been to SF, I only know the east coast of the US. I have family in California but never met them. I am told our cities look similar with the hills and the Victorian houses.
11:53 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Doctor Michael
A
I have not been to Quebec, but I traveled to the Maritimes with my Mom to do research. I’ve traveled to France many times. I absolutely adore France. SF is pretty unique in California. We have a very East Coast and somewhat European vibe mixed with Latin and Asian. It’s quite eclectic.
11:57 PM - Apr 08, 2024
Roxy Meloni
A
SF sounds even more like Montreal. Quebec has a very Euro vibe too and is a huge melting pot. I am tickled to hear you have done genealogy research too. I think you would like Quebec, it is the most progressive province in Canada. Not easy to do research if you don't speak and read French.
12:02 AM - Apr 09, 2024
Doctor Michael
A
It’s definitely on my bucket list!

It’s very nice to have met and chatted with you. I’m gonna turn in for the night. I look forward to chatting with you again. Have a good night.
12:03 AM - Apr 09, 2024
Roxy Meloni
A
Sweet dreams to you, thank you for the chat.
12:04 AM - Apr 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}