Karen Springer
A
Opening Day, at Fenway.....
I'm not there, but Red Sox on the radio, is the best I can do. Go, Sox!
Twenty years since they broke the "curse".
They'll also be remembering Tim Wakefield and his wife, and Larry Luccino . #TheresAlwaysThisYear
01:23 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Bonnie Ivanish
A
In response to Karen Springer.
Many yrs ago, radio was the only way we could experience a game, before there were night games and widespread tv coverage. There's special quality to radio ballgame coverage. As students we listened to the World Series on radio in a library conference room (went there during study hall). Good times.
01:52 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Bonnie Ivanish.
I love to listen to it on the radio. If it was synched with the tv broadcast, I'd have it on, even then!
01:54 PM - Apr 09, 2024
William Tulloch
A
In response to Bonnie Ivanish.
Ma fell in love with the Sox listening to radio games. One evening she, her mother and sister inadvertently washed all the dishes twice because they were so caught up in the game they didn't realize they were repeating all the steps in the "one washes, one rinses, one dries" system.
02:00 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Eltee Ryan
A
In response to Karen Springer.
Crazy that was 20 years ago already! I remember the entire ALCS series like it was yesterday, and of course the WS too. Thats when I got my RedSox tattoo, after they broke the curse. Both my kids have Red Sox tats now too
01:26 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Eltee Ryan.
Seriously. Time flies!
I was working downtown a lot, that fall. Everyone had Sox gear on, including all the little old ladies at the bus stops! It was so amazing. #KeepingTheFaith .
01:44 PM - Apr 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}