Professor Kyle
A
thread 1/4
Whether to boycott a business or not is a personal decision with a lot of variables. But sometimes I just don't get people's choices. There's a Christian cult in my town (they're in lots of places – called the 12 Tribes) that believes being gay or trans is an abomination, think women (cont).
07:34 PM - Apr 09, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
thread 2/4
are inferior & subservient to men, are racist, & physically abuse their children from the youngest of ages (& make them work starting at like 10). They're supposedly reopening their restaurant in town this summer (as they've been saying for 17 years, so we'll see...), & so many people are
Professor Kyle
A
thread 3/4
excited because they like the food. I used to eat there too, 17+ years ago...but knowing all I do about them now, knowing buying their food directly supports an extremely bigoted organization, I won't do so. It's hard not to be disappointed in the people I know who just don't seem to care. Many of
Professor Kyle
A
thread 4/4
the same people happy that Taproot flies a pride flag every day; who rushed to defend our library's attempt to host a drag queen story hour; who were appalled at the nearby town's select board member's anti-LGBTQ+ bigotry – are now, like, ooh, I love their Reuben! Yum!

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}