Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 1/3
I’ve been saying for 20yrs that states rights is a major hinderance to our collective progress. It mostly creates uneducated and some uncivilized pockets, while others move forward. AZ’s abortion laws are the latest examples.
06:41 AM - Apr 10, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 2/3
Yet there are likely conservative, pro abortion women in AZ that does not want the fed govt to set gun, core education standards, and other standards that affect all things human like food laws, wages etc.
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 3/3
Southern states in particular have proven they cannot be trusted in some areas of power. Voting rights, prison standards and child marriage comes to mind, or their willingness to go to war over a little thing called slavery. Encourage your children to vote for collective progress. Blue.
Dr K
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
I’ve lived in six states as an adult. Each “states rights” (aka “former” Confederate) state made me feel less safe, with fewer rights.
08:47 AM - Apr 10, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Dr K.
I believe you. When state's right are contrary to populous thinking, they are often negative and only serves a white patriarchy. I believe a centralized fed govt should have the final say in all things affecting the standards of human decency and equality.
08:50 AM - Apr 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}