Barbara Edelman
A
thread 1/3
why are people still visiting & spending their money in states like florida (sunshine! disney! beaches!), tennessee (music! smokies!), texas (no idea what the attraction is). i get that it’s fun, but boycotting should be a worthwhile effort. i’ve been boycotting hobby lobby & chikfila for decades.
11:29 AM - Apr 10, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
thread 2/3
i love paper craft, crochet, dollhouse decor & other crafty stuff. i’m probably missing out in lots of cool stuff. but it’s worth it to me. i’m mildly curious about chikfila & will continue to be curious, because i will never buy anything from them. if your reason for red state travel is friends &
11:35 AM - Apr 10, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
thread 3/3
family & you can afford the trip there, offer to pay for a family or friend to visit you.

the only way to make state officials pay attention is via a gut punch to their revenue.
11:39 AM - Apr 10, 2024
Li Milla4
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
Boycotting entire states will only serve to hurt marginalized people. Especially in states like Florida, where tourism is everything.

When revenues are low, GOP leaders cut programs. The first ones to go are the ones that help the neediest among us. Same with jobs.
#VisitBlueFlorida
11:46 AM - Apr 10, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Li Milla4.
that marginalization is on a fast track to far worse manifestations if red state leadership continues on its current path. in any case, do you really think anyone gives a shit about my opinion? disney isn’t hurting. i stand by my boycott opinion, but i don’t assume it will take hold. at all.
11:53 AM - Apr 10, 2024
k hola (she/her)
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
I get it but Texas is beautiful and huge so lots of different landscapes. For outdoors people especially hunters and fishers it is a great area for both
11:31 AM - Apr 10, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to k hola (she/her).
you don’t have to travel to a red state for that. some of the best trout fishing in the world is in ny state. deer hunting, too. minnesota is another state with outstanding outdoor rec options. there’s usually a blue state option to pursue an interest & if there isn’t & you forego the interest &
11:44 AM - Apr 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}