My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 1/4
I mean... OK, I guess.

But exponentially more, what makes me personally lose faith in democratic institutions is Donald J. Asshole out on bail still doing everything he did before all them indictments, and worse. That, and 53% of white women. And unchecked gerrymandering. And the unchecked S. Ct.
AbbiSeattle1 @AbbiSeattle1
Elizabeth Cronise McLaughlin calls ragging on Garland voter suppression because it makes people lose faith in Democratic institutions.
02:10 PM - Apr 10, 2024
02:23 PM - Apr 10, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 2/4
I mean, yeah it can make fascists' argument for them when you point out problems in our democratic institutions.

But that don't mean you shouldn't say nothing. If it can be fixed, we should identify the problem and fix it. I used to live in a gerrymandered county. It's not gerrymandered anymore.
02:26 PM - Apr 10, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 3/4
If Merrick Garland or ANYONE in a position to stop a fascist takeover isn't serving the people effectively, I'm not about to say, well, worry and wring your hands, but no matter what, don't doubt our institutions out loud or the bad guys will win the rhetorical war.
02:28 PM - Apr 10, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 4/4
The difference between people who want their institutions to work and fascists is not about noticing or pointing out flaws in our systems.

It's that the former wants to fix things for everybody.

The latter wants to destroy them or bend things so they work to their advantage only.
02:31 PM - Apr 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}