James O'Shea
A
thread 1/3
I'll probably get this all messed up, but I recently read a post about the last episode of the TV series St. Elsewhere, where Dr. Westphal (who wasn't actually a doctor) has an autistic son who sits and stares at a snow globe all day. Inside the snow globe is a model of St. Eligius Hospital.
ST. ELSEWHERE: Season 6 (1987-88) Clip - (The Final Scene) - YouTube

This is the final scene from "The Last One", the 22nd episode (137th overall) from the sixth and final season of NBC's 1982-88 medical drama "St. Elsewhere"....

09:09 PM - Apr 10, 2024
James O'Shea
A
thread 2/3
It turns out that all 6 seasons of the show where just fictions in Westphal's son's mind. And then there are crossovers where characters from St. Elsewhere showed up in other TV shows, like Cheers, and I can't count how many others. So all of those other shows must also have been fictions.
09:12 PM - Apr 10, 2024
James O'Shea
A
thread 3/3
Before you know it, everything, including the MCU are all part fo Westphal's son's imagination. It was an interesting read.
09:13 PM - Apr 10, 2024
Barbara Nelsen
A
In response to James O'Shea.
Yep, that’s how it ended. The entire series is shown to be all in the autistic son’s mind. He made his blue-color dad & grandfather into major, influential doctors at St E. As offbeat as the show was throughout its run it was a great ending - at least for me.
09:33 PM - Apr 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}