Adam Hackney
A
thread 1/7
"What have you been doing?"
"We've been convincing more and more people to act, make changes, speak up. We're opened chapters in nearly every major city in every state! We've grown our membership and we've even convinced members of congress to support us! We've made so much progress since then."
04:28 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Adam Hackney
A
thread 2/7
"Yes, you have. In all these years, you've done a great deal. Yet, nothing has changed has it? Really? The worst of us continue to hold up progress. The weak and the vulnerable suffer while the rich and powerful get away with their crimes. Perhaps we should take another approach?"
"What are
Adam Hackney
A
thread 3/7
you suggesting? Changing the law takes time. Holding the powerful to account takes time. You know that. None of this is quick or easy."
"No, it has not been, but what if it was. What if we decided there was another way."
"There is no other way. You know that. This is what it takes."
"I know
Adam Hackney
A
thread 4/7
we both felt that way at first. However I have considered another path. More efficient. We shall purge the heretics. Swiftly."
"What the hell are you saying? We've not some murderous inquisition. We can't go around killing people?"
"No, you can not. I can. As can those with me. You must
Adam Hackney
A
thread 5/7
continue to pursue this path. The slow, peaceful path. I shall take the other road of vengeance. It should speed up your travel."
"You can't do that. It will damage us. They'll come to me and ask about you and I'm not lying to protect you."
"You won't need to. I'm afraid this may be the last
Adam Hackney
A
thread 6/7
time we speak for some time. I will not put you or this movement in jeopardy. You must carry on, if we are stopped. We must stop the traditionalists. You may be our last hope if we fall."
"I can't believe you would stoop to just killing your opposition to get your way like a terrorist."
Adam Hackney
A
thread 7/7
"Ah, but I said no such thing. I said we would purge the heretics, remove them from the game board, stop them from holding back progress. We need only create the conditions for them to be removed."

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}