Doctor Michael
A
thread 1/5
So I’m reminded that tonight is the anniversary of the most exciting date I was ever on.

It was over 20 years ago. He was quite the catch, or so I thought. We had a lovely dinner and decided to take an evening drive down CA route 1 heading south of the city in his convertible Saab.
03:26 PM - Apr 11, 2024 (Edited)
Doctor Michael
A
thread 2/5
Everything was lovely. Conversation was great and laughter abounded. Suddenly, the next thing I know, an airbag is deployed and I see a flash of fur fly across the windshield. Fortunately, neither of us were hurt, but the front end of the Saab looked like an accordion.

We were a few miles north of
03:26 PM - Apr 11, 2024
Doctor Michael
A
thread 3/5
Santa Cruz in the middle of nowhere. Someone offered to call the CHP, as we had no cell service. After what seemed forever, CHP arrived. They were afraid we hit a cow, but it turned out to be a 300 pound feral boar. We could hear its family in the distance as we waited and were freaking out at the
Doctor Michael
A
thread 4/5
eerie sound in the distance.

Finally, a tow truck arrived (3hours after the accident). They towed us to an all night diner in Santa Cruz. By this point it was about 2:30am and there were no vacancies anywhere. We finally found a hotel in Watsonville that had a room and took a taxi there.
03:26 PM - Apr 11, 2024 (Edited)
Doctor Michael
A
thread 5/5
The next morning, my date’s friend came and got us, bringing us back to San Francisco. We joked about the CHP officer asking if we wanted the carcass for BBQ.

It was the last time I heard from or saw the guy, but it was a date that will forever be seared into my brain.
Jeannie (she/her)
A
I fully expected this to end with: "And one year later, we were engaged."
In response to Doctor Michael.
04:54 PM - Apr 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}