Cynthia Williams
A
What's another 1800s law that doesn't completely override state's rights? The 13th Amendment to the US Constitution.

The 13th Amendment says slavery is abolished UNLESS A BLACK PERSON HAS COMMITTED A CRIME AND IS IN PRISON.

When this exclusion exists, state law rules.
08:03 AM - Apr 13, 2024
Reginald Capers
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
My understanding is that exception was the only way to get the 13th amendment passed.

They made sure to throw the southern states a bone, even tho, most of the southern states couldn't vote for it because they hadn't return to the United States yet.
08:13 AM - Apr 13, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
The 2nd highest number of undocumented immigrants entering our country are Haitians. Will the Trump throw them into concentration camps?

If a.large number of Black Americans and Haitians are imprisoned by Trump, will states have the right to enslave us? Will 13th Amendment exception be enforced?
In response to Reginald Capers.
08:21 AM - Apr 13, 2024
Reginald Capers
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
You shocked me with that one. The answer is yes. Immediate work camps.
08:37 AM - Apr 13, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Reggie, I move in political circles now where the people are having SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS about the risk to every day Americans from a 2nd Trump Administration. Biden says he won't let anything bad happen to us, but there's no guarantee he can fulfill this promise if US and state laws are otherwise.
08:46 AM - Apr 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}