Read aBannedBook
A
Most of my neighbor's front yards are "perfectly" landscaped with few exceptions, ourselves included. These flowers on a vine are draped all over the front of a yard down the street that has no grass but plants and trees wildly intertwined with barely a walkway. #DailyPictureTheme #Drape .
09:36 AM - Apr 13, 2024
Drew Milroy
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
Anyone want to guess #s of living things of all kinds in no grass yard vs those yards regarded as perfect by all the neighbors? To be generous, count each monoculture of mowed, irrigated, pesticided & herbicided, non-native grass as 1. Generous because those lawns kill native plants/insects/worms.
09:12 PM - Apr 13, 2024
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Drew Milroy.
I hate that my neighbors use pesticides. I don't need perfect grass. Cut weeds look just like cut grass. It's all green. Plus I like clover. We're an exception.
09:43 PM - Apr 13, 2024 (Edited)
Drew Milroy
A
In response to Drew Milroy.
Less tended yards likely have much greater species richness/diversity than manicured yards. Abandoned yards will be less diverse if invasive species outcompete natives & exotics. Eradicate butterfly bush (Buddleja davidii), multiflora rose, burning bush (Euonymus alatus), Japanese barberry, etc.
09:43 PM - Apr 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}