Chris Buchner
A
Safe rooms so kids won't be massacred in schools.

But tell me again how drag queens, homosexuality and reading are damaging to children.

https://www.wbrc.com/app/2023/03/13/new-safe-room-system-cullman-protect-students-staff-case-active-...
10:41 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Susie Doty
A
In response to Chris Buchner.
Watching this video wore me out. I'm thinking that If I were that teacher and a gunman came into the room while I'm trying to wheel that safe room out, I am already killed. They are assuming she had plenty of time to pull it out and get the kiddoes all safely in there?
01:29 PM - Mar 18, 2023
Chris Buchner
A
In response to Susie Doty.
They assume nothing. This is all performative bullshit to make it SEEM like they're doing ANYTHING, when in fact they're doing as LITTLE as possible.
02:44 PM - Mar 18, 2023
Eltee Ryan
A
This is not a solution. Not all teachers will be able to do that, you saw how that woman struggled a bit. Now add in 30 terrified screaming children.
08:48 AM - Mar 15, 2023
Chris Buchner
A
In response to Eltee Ryan.
And don't forget kids in wheelchairs.
08:36 PM - Mar 15, 2023
Lauren Grossman
A
Anything except addressing the real problem and the gun lobby.
08:45 AM - Mar 15, 2023
Dana_Brown Spouts Off
A
It's horrific that we need these and shameful that someone is going to get rich selling them.
02:11 AM - Mar 15, 2023
Anthony LaCapruccia
B
In response to Dana_Brown Spouts Off.
That's how capitalism works, yet people keep telling me it's the "best" option.....

You don't solve problems... you profit off of them while trying to create future issues to do the same with.

Who needs room for desks and funding for teachers when lobbyists say this is the better way forward?
08:38 AM - Mar 15, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
One honestly wonders at this point if part of the goal for Republicans is to create a generation of traumatized children for whom deadly violence, and living in a constant state of siege, is normalized. All the better to raise Brownshirts for the new regime.
10:57 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Chris Buchner
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
It absolutely is. Everything they do is to terrorize people into keeping them in power with the false promises that they have all the answers. They just want obedient, uneducated sheep to keep their own lives easier and own self-importance assured.
11:03 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I can honestly, genuinely see some psychopathic Republican scumsuckers saying "A shooting or two will toughen them up." And for those who don't make it, well, they should have been better able to defend themselves like Rugged Individualists.
11:04 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Agent Of Chaos
A
I went to elementary school in some of the worst neighborhoods in SoCal in the late 80s early 90s. Not once did I ever have to do an active shooter drill. This is fucking ridiculous!
10:46 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Chris Buchner
A
In response to Agent Of Chaos.
Welcome to America in the 21st Century. We're #1 ! ..at sucking.
10:54 PM - Mar 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}