Great Sex At 60 | The Podcast
A
thread 1/8
Negotiating Better Sex
Sometimes sex is a negotiation, especially with a new partner. What do you like? What do you need to reach orgasm? What is uncomfortable for you physically or emotionally? What is absolutely off-limits? What are you nervous about trying, but maybe you’d be willing?
07:57 PM - Apr 15, 2024
A
thread 2/8
Sex columnist Dan Savage said this in a recent podcast:
“Straight people should take from gay people these four magic words: “What are you into?” That question, when two guys are going to have sex, is always asked.
A
thread 3/8
When it’s a man and a woman, all too often, consent is granted and then all communication ceases. What’s happening next is assumed: if it’s heterosexual sex, it’s penis in vagina.
A
thread 4/8
“We don’t have that default assumption in gay land. When two guys say yes to sex, it’s the beginning of a whole other conversation. Everything has to be discussed and negotiated. Asking “What are you into?” is so empowering, because at that moment, you can rule anything in and anything out.
A
thread 5/8
It’s a sexy negotiation. Straight people sometimes say to me, I wish I could have more sex. I say, ‘You could, if you had a broader definition of sex.”
A
thread 6/8
If you can ask for what you want, you’re more likely to get it than if you keep wishing that your partner could read your mind.
A
thread 7/8
Likewise, if you don’t ask or encourage your partner to share what feels good, you’ll rely on what used to work, without ever discovering how sensations and erogenous zones might have changed.
A
thread 8/8
Which of these approaches might fit your style?
🔸 “I’d love it if you’d touch me this way.”
🔸 “Could we try…?”
🔸 “What would you like?”
🔸 “Show me what feels good to you.”
🔸 “Show me how you pleasure yourself.”

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}