John Ronald
A
thread 1/4
I pride myself on my writing skills yet because of a too literal mind I never understood until way too far into adulthood that the job description "copywriter" is shorthand for someone who writes ad copy for a living....something I totally could've done and would've applied for if I knew what it mea
09:29 AM - Apr 16, 2024
John Ronald
A
thread 2/4
...what it meant, derp. To the layperson who doesn't know the industry jargon, you see a term like copywriter and think something something copyright law? Haha. No. But it was only in studying more about media that I learned what "ad copy" even meant and how radio announcers would "read copy", et
John Ronald
A
thread 3/4
etc, etc. And if Ad Copy is something read by radio announcers then a copywriter is someone who writes the stuff for pay. I just should've looked it up in a dictionary instead of it taking decades of context clues to figure it out, haha. A career path that never was but could've been in an altern
John Ronald
A
thread 4/4
alternate universe....hehe. So yes, I love writing, often short essays and aphorisms. But I'm way too ADHD and undisciplined to write anything book length. My MA thesis production was late and felt like constipation. So glad to finally put it behind me. Swore I'd never do another.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}