DMA Anderson
A
Hi, all, a personal request. Whatever the Supreme Court decides about the Jan. 6 obstruction charges, I am hopeful this can be one space where no one posts surprise or says this is not who we are as a country. I'd be grateful for real dialogue about where we are and what we still must do.
11:19 PM - Apr 16, 2024
darryl
A
In response to DMA Anderson.
In fact President Franklin D. Roosevelt went as far as to openly threaten the Supreme Court with expansion. For subsequent decades we saw constitutional judicious rulings.
That is until recently
10:35 AM - Apr 17, 2024
DMA Anderson
A
In response to darryl.
the current expansion dialogue may be the strongest way forward to survive as a nation. ultimately, any number can be gamed, as we see again.
10:46 AM - Apr 17, 2024
darryl
A
Checks and balances is the whole idea of our divided government. Checks and balances are what can be done.
President Biden can check the Supreme Court by letting it be known that it’s occurred to him that he might send the Senate a few names for confirmation to the Supreme Court
11:37 PM - Apr 16, 2024
Remember Gea
A
Say it again for those in the back. Lol. Absolutely correct. We do have a tendency to « bit.. » instead of having a discussion about what can we do to change the situations. I am most definitely guilty of that also. Thank you for the reminder 🤗
11:24 PM - Apr 16, 2024
DMA Anderson
A
In response to Remember Gea.
Yes, I am hopeful the community will feel a sense of agency and urgency if things go that way.
11:30 PM - Apr 16, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}