E Z
A
thread 1/8
I was asked what would bring my baseline of stressors to 0?
0 being no stress.
I live with a waking baseline of 3.
08:57 AM - Apr 17, 2024
E Z
A
thread 2/8
I wake with first-world problems; a worrying crack in a concrete foundation, career-change, opioid addiction in immediate family.
E Z
A
thread 3/8
My answer to the Q: “What would it take to be baseline 0?”
“Peace on Earth.”
So removed from possibility, war, famine, atrocity, cruelty, all whose availability is ubiquitous 24/7. There is no “Peace on Earth,” watching an Orca prey on a dolphin, a mantid upon a hummingbird e.g.
E Z
A
thread 4/8
The act of predation is violent in all ways. An omnivorous diet even, remains predatory at times.
E Z
A
thread 5/8
Every year, Monsoon-Flooding returns to Bangladesh. The fortitude and perseverance of their population cannot be denied. They survive the floods each year, their lives washed away indiscriminately each year. Such is their Tao.
E Z
A
thread 6/8
But each year, after the floods recede, all the terrestrial world settles along with Bangladeshi humanity. And in the world en todo, poisonous snakes are included.
And every year, a couple thousand people die of snake bite; having survived the floods — again.
E Z
A
thread 7/8
Waking each day, I ALWAYS! Consider the Bangladeshi, bit, in pain, hopeless, sharing a muddy delta by circumstance, with a poisonous asp, it too, afraid for its life, trying to survive another day.

https://www.nbcnews.com/ne...
E Z
A
thread 8/8
This is why I never honk my horn at the cars around me. Petty and impatient, I can wait — for coffee. I’m just running errands. I have my cracked home, my drug-addled-family, and I have my life.

Peace be upon you. Until the flood comes for you. And you must share the space w the serpents.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}