Karl S the Typo King
A
I can not begin to explain how annoying it is having my parents send me reels about how to be a better parent. Like, maybe they should have considered these things when I was a kid and not assume I’m doing the same shit they did. It’s infuriating.

Good talk.
04:46 PM - Apr 17, 2024
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
You are a good dad.
12:52 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Thank you ❤️ I spent a lot of dinner tonight talking with my son trying to figure out why he keeps getting so angry at his sister. While we didn’t reach any conclusions he knows we need to work on it.
01:13 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Cathy Leder
A
from what I have read of your posts, you are an exceptional parent and your kids are lucky to have you as their stay home dad. 💙 re: your parents.. you are correct, they have no idea what goes on in your family’s day to day life. I would just quietly ignore them, silence the message thread ?
05:34 PM - Apr 17, 2024 (Edited)
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Cathy Leder.
Thank you. I know I have my faults and work on them. They send it all as message on Instagram, so I hardly ever go there. I so rarely reply to them, but they keep sending more.
05:43 PM - Apr 17, 2024
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
My parents never did that but there were a few times that they overrode punishments I dealt to the kids, and I had to remind them who was the parent and I wasn't nice about. When I had kids, I made a conscious effort to be the complete opposite of them.
05:27 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️.
We’ve tried to model their upbringing more like my wife experience, a much more stable family situation. I’m afraid I’ll just snap one day and go off on my parents so I rarely reply.
05:47 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Christopher Brown
A
My cousins and I talk about our parents’ techniques and how we’ve rejected them quite a bit.
04:54 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Christopher Brown.
I’ve tried to be as different from them as possible. I think I’m successful so far.
04:55 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Lee
A
Geez, they could at least maybe, ask first?
04:49 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Lee.
They aren’t even around enough to have any idea what happens here, they just assume I’m a bad parent or something, or that I don’t know what my kids like to do.
04:51 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Liz☑️
A
Oh boy ! I’m sorry that they don’t understand what this does to you.
04:48 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Liz☑️.
I stopped replying to them in hopes they would stop sending them. That hasn’t happened.
04:49 PM - Apr 17, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}