B Gamble
A
To me, this is a fair thing to say.
B Gamble @Iamjustbee
Courtney Love says about Beyoncé doing a country album:

“I like the idea of Beyoncé doing a country record because it’s about Black women going into spaces where previously only white women have been allowed, not that I like it much. As a concept, I love it. I just don’t like her music.”
08:36 PM - Apr 17, 2024
08:36 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
In response to B Gamble.
She is entitled to her opinion. But the perception has been that this music was a space for white folks, has been debunked. My grandfather listened to country music, the Neville’s, and Cajun cowboys. Reminds me of the myth that cowboys and rangers were white. Not so! Other than that perception, fine
08:49 PM - Apr 17, 2024
B Gamble
A
Yes I know my grandma is from Florence SC and loved country music & at one point in time that's the only clear station she can get. Plus the perception sucks bc when lil Nas X had old Town road it wasn't deemed country bc he's black, & they had TSwift getting country awards & her music is pop smh
In response to Jacqueline Wallace.
09:06 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
In response to B Gamble.
This is part of why a lasting oral tradition backed by whatever facts that can be found, help us to build on the foundation that our ancestors built. A remarkable adaptive people, I think related to the facts that they were teachers, Dr’s, nurses,farmers, librarians etc.in the African continent pri
09:09 PM - Apr 17, 2024 (Edited)
Jacqueline Wallace
A
In response to Jacqueline Wallace.
Prior to being abducted and brought to this continent
09:11 PM - Apr 17, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}