Socio-gen
A
Fucking Nestle! Our family is in its 4th generation of boycotting them (since the 1970s), with my mom explaining to her great-grands why they are evil.
KM Laurence @Kirsty
“Nido (a follow-up milk formula brand intended for use for infants aged one and above) had worldwide sales of more than $1bn [and] Cerelac (a cereal aimed at children aged between six months and two years) [made] $1bn [in sales].”
07:42 AM - Apr 17, 2024
06:21 AM - Apr 18, 2024
KM Laurence
A
In response to Socio-gen.
Well done @JennieKinPA ! Sadly, growing up I didn’t have a clue, after learning late in life, now avoid their products. Thank you for sharing.
06:36 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Socio-gen
A
In response to KM Laurence.
I was fortunate to have a very politically active mom who was a member of La Leche League back then. For most people though, it wasn't something on their radar or, if they had heard, thought it was an issue they assumed had been fixed.

So glad you're part of the movement now!
06:46 AM - Apr 18, 2024 (Edited)
KM Laurence
A
Wow. What an incredible mum! I hope more generations get involved in voting with our feet as well as choosing where our money goes. Maybe then we will see change with these types of status quo. Thanks for sharing🫶🏽.
06:58 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Socio-gen
A
She is awesome! I often tell people that the only things they need to know about how we were raised are:

I went to Woodstock at 6mos old (for a couple hours), I went to my first protest (for abortion rights) in 1970 at 14mos old, and Nestle was a literal cussword in our house.
07:50 AM - Apr 18, 2024
KM Laurence
A
That’s amazingly forward thinking of your mum! She integrated it seamlessly from a young age. What an awesome mum! Thanks again for sharing.
08:20 AM - Apr 18, 2024
Socio-gen
A
She is a big proponent of modeling your values to your kids, as her parents had done. As a little kid in the 50s, she helped her mom make up care packages for SNCC and the Freedom Riders.

We grow up talking politics and policy over dinner and every kid learns that voting is a sacred right.
12:48 PM - Apr 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}