Heidi Hafeken
A
Years ago when they were handing out SSRIs like tic tacs. There are questions I'd be asking that dr. Why the brand name? Why not the generic? There are other antidepressants used for hot flashes, so I'd ask why that specific med. Lots of meds are used for several issues.
Dragon Waker @PenelopeCascad1
Does anyone on here have any personal experience with the prescription Paxil?
My doctor just prescribed it for my hot flashes and it doesn’t look like something I want…
My husband is freaking out because his ex-wife was bipolar and that’s what they gave her.
Any thoughts?
12:37 PM - Apr 18, 2024
12:48 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Dragon Waker
A
Interesting. Why anti-depressants? I have cirrhosis of the liver and when I have severe pain like in the shoulder or something, she gives me gabapentin… my nephew takes that for seizures.
All I wanted was some hormone replacement therapy, but she says I’m too old
In response to Heidi Hafeken.
12:49 PM - Apr 18, 2024
BryanOfOhio
A
In response to Dragon Waker.
Since you have mentioned Gabapentin...
The generic drug made me dizzy so we had to switch to the pro drug and I was fine. When I say Pro Drug the original is what I mean
01:03 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Dragon Waker
A
In response to BryanOfOhio.
Well, that’s interesting as well. They just gave me the brand-name right out of the gate. And my Kaiser Permanente insurance through my husband’s work gets worse every year. And of course, I am the oldest woman they insure so it’s expensive for them.
01:04 PM - Apr 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}