(laura) elsen
A
meet jack ryan, a man whose life is self-described as sufficiently complicated by loving his wife and children, holding down a desk job, and being independently wealthy.
(laura) elsen @eilsen_baddie
luckily he has way less complicated things to do here, like single-handedly craft a plan to decieve the entire russian navy and flawlessly steer the world's largest nuclear submarine in combat conditions despite zero training.
12:50 PM - Apr 18, 2024
12:51 PM - Apr 18, 2024
hal
A
In response to (laura) elsen.
My biggest complaint about all fiction is that writers relieve themselves of the burden of dealing with their characters' day-to-day concerns by wealthing them off the page (or screen). I can't focus on the source of this villain's rage because I can't figure out how they pay their electricity bill.
01:19 PM - Apr 18, 2024
(laura) elsen
A
if i ever write a book it'll be all about one person's quest to pay their credit card bill, finish the laundry, and do those dishes they're ignoring; you won't even find out until the end that it's been james bond the entire time. i'll dedicate to you.
In response to hal.
03:47 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Becky A.
A
Please write this book. I will totally read it. OMG- now I can't wait. Ping me when it's done...
05:13 PM - Apr 18, 2024
hal
A
You can even name the character after me.
03:48 PM - Apr 18, 2024
(laura) elsen
A
In response to hal.
i will. but don't hold your breath for a publication date 😁
03:50 PM - Apr 18, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}