Heidi Hafeken
A
There was a copperhead bite in the town north of me not too long ago. The person was walking in their yard. We only have 2 venomous snakes so hospitals have the antivenom. Now, I'm gonna be sniffing for cucumber in the woods.
Milla Mélomane @Britpoptarts
"I don't mess with venomous snakes," copperhead edition
09:21 PM - Apr 18, 2024
10:06 PM - Apr 18, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
In response to Heidi Hafeken.
Eek & Yikes! Thankfully I haven't seen any of the rattlers around here... just "your regular garden-variety garden or King snake." I don't care if it's a copperhead, rattler, king, or garden snake. A snake is a snake is a snake, & if it slithers, it's a snake. I Don't like them. 🐍😫
10:19 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
Rattlers tend to warn. Both copperheads & rattlers tend to avoid human activity during the day. You don't generally think of snakebites as a thing in suburban Somerset County, NJ. The town north of where the bite happened is Bedminster. 500+ acres at 900 Lamington Rd, bet there's snakes there.
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
10:25 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Robin Schwartz
A
Bedminster NJ as in TFG's Golf Club? Full. Of. Snakes.
10:48 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Robin Schwartz.
That's 900 Lamington Rd, BM.
If there are snakes right down 206 in Bridgewater, they're in BM, real ones, not the ones who think paying upwards of $250K to join a for profit club makes them important.
10:51 PM - Apr 18, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
Living as long as I did on L.I., I learned that the suburbs is just as likely for all creatures/critters, as is the Wilds. 🤷🏽‍♀
10:32 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
Funny part is, black bears we expect. For someone who spends a lot of time in the vast Duke Estate, you'd think we'd all be more careful of snakes. We're not.
10:39 PM - Apr 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}