Professor Kyle
A
The Onceler came to town 😡

Alt text: photo of the park downtown next to Taproot marketplace ( https://www.taprootnh.org/... ) with all the beautiful, perfectly healthy, some hundred+ year-old tress chopped down for no good reason...
03:22 PM - Apr 19, 2024 (Edited)
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Disgusting. Don't they or the person responsible know how important trees are, they should be planting a lot more. You can't cut a tree here, not even on your property, you need to get permission and then you are told how many trees you have to plant in its place. So many trees here so many.
10:33 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
I definitely don't think they know how important trees are. They live on a dirt road in the woods in town and their house is surrounded by like 3 acres of lawn.
10:35 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Fiona Bski
A
I read a spout the other day that they cut down trees (I forget where) because they didn't want homeless people to gather under the shade 😒
03:44 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Fiona Bski.
Ugh. How horrible. That's not the case here, but the shade of these trees was wonderful and attracted many people for picnics & such. Such a shame.
03:51 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Aly C
A
😳😳😯 Why would they do such a thing?? Were they rotting? Sick? How sad.
03:25 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Aly C.
None of the above. They had some dead branches...but all trees do! Two huge ones including a massive pine were close to the power lines...as are millions of trees. It was basically from 1 person in town (not even a town employee) being given way too much power over our parks. People are now pissed.
03:27 PM - Apr 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}