EVA DIAZ
A
Right-o... but it will be interesting to learn (if we ever do) what, in the past week or so, transpired behind closed doors for so many to all of a sudden be changing their tune on Ukraine funding. There is definitely something going on. Something bigger than the fear of the wingnuts ousting him.
Nancy M @Zuzu757
I don't like Mike Johnson. I don't trust Mike Johnson. I certainly don't agree with his conservative religious views. But I do have to give him some (one time only) respect for standing up to his colleagues and doing what's right, even at the risk of his job. I'll go back to hating him later...
02:22 PM - Apr 19, 2024
02:43 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Tim Graf
A
I don't think there were that many who changed their minds. Most of the R's who voted for this were already on record as supporting the funding for Ukraine if it had ever come to the floor, which was what most of this fight was about because the MAGA caucus knew it would pass in spite of them.
In response to EVA DIAZ.
06:12 PM - Apr 19, 2024 (Edited)
EVA DIAZ
A
In response to Tim Graf.
Understood. But Speaker Johnson has been stalling for months and suddenly changed his tune. Mike Pence follows quickly in supportive statements (I know he has supported in the past). Then Speaker Johnson gets things going quickly. Just seems like an important shift (he says because of his son?).
07:28 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to EVA DIAZ.
As Speaker, he’s now in the gang of eight. He says he believes if allowed, Putin will go beyond Ukraine. I’m thinking a very nasty security briefing was had.
07:35 PM - Apr 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}