Professor Kyle
A
I don't know the numbers of users on Post or Spoutible, but I know that Spoutible is already a "significant platform." The fact that we could escape most of the harassment & trolls of X & find a vibrant community here means so much.
R o K p h i s h @RoKphish
“Post News, a Twitter alternative that emerged in the wake of Elon Musk’s takeover, is shutting down. Noam Bardin, the platform’s founder and former CEO of Waze, writes that Post News “is not growing fast enough to become a real business or a significant platform.”
08:11 PM - Apr 19, 2024
08:19 PM - Apr 19, 2024
dariasteigman
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Plus don't forget the Brazilian influx once the new app drops. Looking forward to welcoming our South American neighbors.
09:46 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to dariasteigman.
Bem vindos amigos! (I don't speak a lick of Portuguese...just used Google translator 🤣)
09:49 PM - Apr 20, 2024
K F
A
While Spoutible is clearly better run and more engaged with actually becoming what it set out to become, I cannot deny Post branding was fantastic in its simplicity. A shame it was squandered.
07:02 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to K F.
I always liked that they had a clear and easy to understand vision.
10:15 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Kalind
A
This place feels like the calmer platform. Especially when Musk and Zuckerberg are rewarding stupidity while this place has zero tolerance for it
11:10 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Kalind.
Exactly.
11:10 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Crafty Kitty
A
Just wondering, what was Post's focus? News? Journalism? There could be opportunities here with collaborative threads and definitely Pods. (Maybe they're not as silly as we get.) Although, some journos are hilarious.
09:42 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Crafty Kitty.
I know the founders really wanted it to be news and serious discussion thereof. That def. happens here, but it would be great if some of the "content creators" that were there (i.e. newsy blue checks) come over here as lots of people crave that. Collab threads & pods would be great tools for them.
09:44 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Spoutible at one time was talking like 250,000 but then Christopher stopped talking numbers and started talking the big things Spoutible was doing, like Pods. But even with a quarter million people, there's just more engagement here among regular, cool folks.
08:35 PM - Apr 19, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
I saw one guy post a week or two ago that we had hit half a million. That's plenty of people for me, but I hope it continues to grow for the sake of the site and to offer more people a good X alternative.
08:37 PM - Apr 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}