Mark Wilson, MD
A
Friday musings: if I were ever to believe in a deity, it would be some Spinozist version consisting of a conscious-less, agent-less, POLITICS-less dark energy/matter, without which there would be no universe as we know it.
07:58 AM - Apr 19, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Mark Wilson, MD.
I always hesitate to call myself an atheist because while I don't believe in a singular all powerful creator being, I do believe there are forces well beyond our comprehension and understanding which is sort of what you're saying here.
10:13 AM - Apr 19, 2024
Archie Leach
A
I just call that nature. And I call myself a proud atheist. For me, there's no need to complicate it with palaver about spirituality, spiritual energies or other fluff. There's either evidence of a omniscient higher power or there's not. There's not. But I'll respect anyone's need to think there is.
In response to Angela.
12:04 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Archie Leach.
I understand where you're coming from but where I coming from is being indoctrinated in heavy christianity from birth and rejecting it. Those people also have 100% certainty that they know the truth. Therefore I refuse to say I have complete certainty as an atheist because it's possible I'm wrong.
09:51 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Archie Leach
A
In response to Angela.
I too came from a very religious xtian family. Catholic. My atheism was a process of awakening after leaving home. Unlike religious belief which relies on BELIEF not evidence, atheism is not dogmatic. There is simply no proof of an omniscient being or spirits. When/if there is, atheism can adapt.
05:34 PM - Apr 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}