Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
The Pākehā #worldview presumes the relationship between human beings & nature can be expressed as #individual property rights, that our well-being can be contracted for & controlled through black-letter law.
This is not how #Māori and #Indigenous approach the world. #Race #NZ #Auspol
01:46 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Larry with an i
A
In response to Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes.
It's a striking contrast between Finland and, say, England, too. In Finland we have everyman's right to walk in the nature, pick berries and stuff. In Western Europe it's all fences and No Trespassing signs.
01:59 AM - Apr 20, 2024
A
There's something EXTREMELY exploitative in UK values; #British values?
I understand (very) little about #Finland 's values, but
as an #EarlyChildhoodTeacher , & some of our understandings about your #Education system were wishful thinking, what remained was obvious & humane ... brilliant in fact.
In response to Larry with an i.
02:12 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Larry with an i
A
In response to Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes.
My theory is that most of our values are still those of hunter gatherers, as the slash and burn farmers weren't much different: they didn't think of land as anybody's property unless they cultivated it themselves.

They didn't have kings or patriarchy. Judgements were given by boards of peers.
02:20 AM - Apr 20, 2024
A
In response to Larry with an i.
I hadn't thought of it like that.
Will think on it.
The Poms seem to have ramped it up to an unmatched degree ... could it be guilt over what they did as #TheBritishEmpire ?
(we have their hangers-on here in Oz too, spreading their contempt for #FirstNations ).
Wish they could just #GoHome too
02:25 AM - Apr 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}