Edmund
A
thread 1/5
I keep saying it, they will not get a conviction... possibly anywhere. It's in my tea leaves. If 45 had any type of self-control, he would skate right back into the Oval Office. That's his Achilles heel, but unfortunately, he has far more power than the media is letting on.
08:40 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Edmund
A
thread 2/5
He only needs one superfan on any jury; not even just fans, he only needs to sway the jury pool into victimization territory. And since the judges are unwilling to give him consequences, what's to stop him and his network from doing just that?
Edmund
A
thread 3/5
I understand they don't want to give him grounds to appeal... but come on. That's frightening. Dude looks like Jack Nicholson after the 3 Witches of Eastwick laid roots on dat ass. If he comes to power... And Louisiana.
Edmund
A
thread 4/5
Roland Martin has reported on what's already happening there: proposed legislation that would allow law enforcement to arrest you for not having your ID on you. I haven't looked into it, and that seems unconstitutional, but it's happening already.
Edmund
A
thread 5/5
Voting is the only solution that's on the table, but given the prevalence of "bread and circus" and indifference I see in the general population, I doubt people will get out and vote. I realize that sounds pessimistic, but there is no way this race should even be close, yet here we are.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}