2PupsMommy
A
thread 1/3
So, here's a thing I think about sometimes since becoming a chronic pain patient: I've noted that it seems like most serious painkillers seem to also reduce memory capacity. And some of the best people in my life have been those who've had lives of above average suffering. So, I wonder- is there ->
06:55 PM - Apr 20, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
thread 2/3
-> an unspoken requirement that, in order for humans to retain all their memories and/or to have deeply good, decent hearts & souls, they must have some element of suffering in their life? And, if so, what becomes of societies that make life "too easy" for their people? Can we truly, fully exist ->
06:58 PM - Apr 20, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
thread 3/3
-> without our various pains? Or do we risk leading empty, selfish lives without it?

Anyway, this is the stuff I think about when I can't sleep, or when I'm really hurting. What do y'all think?
07:00 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
In response to 2PupsMommy.
In Buddhism, it's suffering that's proposed as the one thing all people have in common, which is why we can all feel compassion if we choose to.
07:09 PM - Apr 20, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
In response to Spiritual Annie.
That's interesting. I don't know much about Buddhism. The only Buddist I ever met was Ron Glass & we spent time walking around in circles on a WGA picket line with him telling me about the basics. I imagine there's a lot more to it than we had time to talk about.
07:13 PM - Apr 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}