Professor Kyle
A
The so-called "culture wars" are actually a battle between one side's right to exist as equal humans & the other's to not be mildly put out by having their close-minded world view challenged.
01:43 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
So, what exactly is the culture of the US? Have they formed a culture yet that may be considered USA. I mean stolen land for one so...
Or is it truly a melting pot and therefore will never have a culture it can call its own?
And what the heck is culture wars anyway?
06:46 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
Conservatives and mainstream media use the phrase "culture wars" to minimize any attempt to reach equality by marginalized groups.
10:00 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
Ah. I wish they would not use that word. So I guess the right feels its "culture", is having war made upon it. Well, if their culture is racism, fascism, and nazism then war may be good.
10:03 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
True. Yeah, it's used to refer to things like abortion, book banning, bathroom access, etc. Basically a code word to make it seem like a two sided disagreement rather than the reality of one side imposing its bigoted will on everyone else.
10:11 PM - Apr 20, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
It has bothered me for a while, the use of that word. But then I get bothered by many things. The right seems to like to steal stuff and twist it all about. Curses upon them all.

Thanks. :)
10:13 PM - Apr 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}