Ellen Leigh
A
Every year, I save seeds from my flowers so I can start new plants the following spring. It saves me a lot of money. These 3 containers of babies will get potted up into 3 flats of flowers or more to be planted in mixed pots and around the landscaping for annual color. #DailyPictureTheme #Free
09:47 AM - Apr 21, 2024
Bev Turner
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
What are they going to be?? I save zinnias but not much else. Have tried saving coneflowers but have had no luck, nor with milkweed.
09:50 AM - Apr 21, 2024
Ellen Leigh
A
L-R Impatiens, Trailing Blue Lobelia, and annual Phlox of Sheep. Coneflowers might be easier to start outside, mine readily volunteer, and I just transplant them where I want them. Same with milkweed- I prefer the Swamp Milkweed.
In response to Bev Turner.
12:19 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Bev Turner
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
That's what I do with coneflower and milkweed also, don't bother with saving seeds anymore. May have to try the Lobelia, hadn't thought to try. As foe the Impatiens, too much sun where the flower beds are. Love them!
03:54 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Those seeds are tiny little specs! What I do is let the plant grow most of the summer, then toward fall, I put a paper plate under a nice lush section hanging out of a pot and gently massage the plant. It will drop seeds, dead flowers and leaves on the plate. seeds are chocolate brown dust.
06:39 PM - Apr 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}