✨Witchy Woman✨
A
So amazing how this gold digging slut standing by her man is a powerful boost but when Hilary did it the media HATED HER for it and boy did you PUNISH HER for it FOR YEARS!!

Take note of how these two women are treated differently. It is absolutely about how they look.
04:44 PM - Apr 21, 2024
ann heffner
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
I think it was more about expectations. Everyone expected Hillary to be an example for other women in the situation. Many were hoping for her to give them the ok to get away from a bad situation.
No one ever had any real expectations of Melania, well not anything that they might want to emulate.
04:58 PM - Apr 21, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to ann heffner.
I think it's pure sexism. We have so many psychological studies that prove it - all of us are guilty of subconsciously doing it. We let pretty ppl do anything &hold them to a different standard. Melania fits the traditional European beauty standard so she can do NO wrong. Whereas Hil can do no right
05:02 PM - Apr 21, 2024
ann heffner
A
you've got a point, but Hillary was a good looking young woman, just in a more "down-home, apple-pie" sort of way.
As for Melania's "beauty", well, that's where the sexism comes in, I guess, cause I've never thought of her as beautiful. Sexy, but not beautiful
05:06 PM - Apr 21, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
There's literally NOTHING Hilary can do that would please ppl. They criticized EVERYTHING. She could wear the 50s dress, smile and hold out the apple pie and they would still find a reason to criticize her.

bc she's not the traditional standard of beauty & she's intelligent af &everybody knows it
05:08 PM - Apr 21, 2024
ann heffner
A
I always thought of her as more leaning toward the "hippy" crowd until she married Bill. I liked her better that way. But you're right..., no matter what she did, it would have been wrong to at least half of the people out there. And the "conservatives" took full advantage of that to run her down.
05:11 PM - Apr 21, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
yeah the ppl who are all "down with divorce stand by your man" were like "she stays with her husband after what he did - what do you think that means?" all insinuating. So hypocritical. It was always reported as a negative thing now here comes Melanie and suddenly loyalty is a plus. fuck the media
05:17 PM - Apr 21, 2024
ann heffner
A
Agreed. and at my age now, I say fuck anybody who tries to tell me what to do with my life...but back then, I honestly was hoping that she would make it "ok" for a woman to leave a cheating, abusive husband, because it just wasn't done. I held out until the bastard threatened his own daughter. Sad.
05:20 PM - Apr 21, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
I just learned that some marriages are really more like business partnerships and it's really nobody's business.

Looking back today I imagine given the paperwork, politics, and finances it was just easier to stay together.

but really who cares?? it's not our business
05:43 PM - Apr 21, 2024
ann heffner
A
you've got all of that right. Never was any of anyone's business and never should have been reported on at all. I'm sure she made the best choice for her and her daughter and that's all that matters. Just took me a year or two to figure that out at the time.
05:46 PM - Apr 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}