RA
A
Homelessness should only be "outlawed" in the sense that it should be illegal for the government to not guarantee adequate housing for everyone.

Anyone criminalizing unhoused people is an unserious person who is unfit to lead a parade, let alone a city or country.
02:33 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to RA.
Used to see that kind of harassment to the unhoused back in my small town. I was having to walk everywhere, so I got to run into a few of them. They were trying to get by just like I was, with a lot fewer resources.
02:35 PM - Apr 22, 2024 (Edited)
Angela
A
No one in their right mind chooses homelessness. It is not a personal failing but a societal one and with the amount of wealth in our country it's beyond criminal that we not only allow it to persist but that we terrorize people who need help.
In response to Ground Control.
02:45 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Angela.
For real...knew this one guy who lived out in a barn behind the local Walmart. He had an alcoholism problem but he wasn't a bad person. He and I used to hang out at the McDonald's for the Wi-Fi and whatever food we could pay for that day.
02:52 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Angela
A
In response to Ground Control.
Unfortunately thanks to Reagan and his ilk we have no real public mental health or substance abuse care anymore which is a big reason why so many homeless people have those issues. Also once someone is homeless it's a huge climb out of that hole especially since we don't provide ladders.
02:57 PM - Apr 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}