My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 1/3
Today, some kid at my kid's school was a complete asshole to my kid's Jewish friend. Accusing her of being wrong for not reading the (Christian) Bible, saying she didn't care about her religion. My kid quoted her crying friend, "They told me something like this might happen, would probably happen."
08:51 PM - Apr 22, 2024
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 2/3
"But I didn't think it would happen at my school." I bet she didn't. It's supposed to be a safe space. I'm pissed cause Jewish parents are having their own talk with their kids, just like I'm having talks with my Black kids, with renewed urgency in these days.
My Flying Car 2020
A
thread 3/3
Gonna reach out to the friend's mom and express support. I think me and other moms should organize a field trip for our kids to the Jewish museum downtown without waiting on the school to do it. This kind of ignorance can't stand.
Eddie Sangalang
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
Did that bully learn that from video games, TikTok, or school? Nah. He was parroting his parents. Them parents need to go on that field trip you’re planning too. Nip that behavior in the bud.
10:47 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Lisse (she/her)
A
Sounds like that started with the kid’s adult influences, and that’s shame. I hope your child’s friend doesn’t take the statement to heart, and realizes that being Jewish is wonderful and special heritage. And a reminder that Christ was Jewish.

The museum idea was wonderful! Good luck!
10:37 PM - Apr 22, 2024
NorthCoast TerryMerryJoan
A
🕯️🌸 sending Kindness
09:57 PM - Apr 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}