Baroness Kaydee
A
Spent most of the weekend writing parts of what I hope will become a poetic memoir. It has been rough. I brought up memories of two truly awful experiences in order to accurately convey the emotions. Anyone have a good way to "rest" the brain after an experience like that?
11:33 PM - Mar 05, 2023
SueBee Honey
A
In response to Baroness Kaydee.
Self care
Take a long hot bath/shower w/ bath bombs, scented soap, candles, all of it. Favorite jammies.
Gather all of your favorite indulgent snacks & drinks.
Pick out two or three movies and/or books that make you feel like there's hope in the world. Soothing music. Turn off phone.
Hugs
11:52 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Baroness Kaydee
A
In response to SueBee Honey.
The crying ended up just being a cathartic release. Saw the doctor this week and my BP had dropped 10 points. I think this whole book idea will end up doing more to help me process decades of trauma than talk therapy ever has. And that's ok!
08:21 PM - Mar 11, 2023 (Edited)
SueBee Honey
A
In response to Baroness Kaydee.
A good cry is wonderful for releasing everything. So glad to hear about your BP. Please keep me posted on status of book. I'll Beta read if you like.
02:31 PM - Mar 14, 2023
Baroness Kaydee
A
I will keep that in mind! The people who I have shared to so far are people who were involved in these memories, but outside eyes would be good.
In response to SueBee Honey.
02:51 PM - Mar 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}