JustAnotherGail
A
Please don’t tell me you wouldn’t want to #hug one of these little cuties. But maybe wait until Mom’s not around.

#DailyPictureTheme #Hug
06:22 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to JustAnotherGail.
I was friends (deceased now) with a forestry guy who ran a state black bear program. He once brought orphaned twin cubs to my house for my kids to interact with. He explained it's safe to do so until about 4 mo old when they start to get aggressive, but even then their claws were LONG & SHARP.
07:39 AM - Apr 23, 2024 (Edited)
JustAnotherGail
A
These guys are right in our back yard! I still haven't seen any in person, but we get a lot of videos on our Crittercams. They're adorable, but I'm sure I wouldn't want to run into one.
In response to Annie Bee Good.
07:42 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to JustAnotherGail.
I live in neighborhoods where they don't wander quite so lackadaisically. Have to be careful with our trash cans though. A few years of drought had them wandering farther for food. Climate change is wreaking havoc on their hibernation schedule, too, and more are getting hit on interstates in winter.
08:08 AM - Apr 23, 2024
JustAnotherGail
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
I know what you mean. We can't put our garbage out until the morning of pick up. We have a four-sided bin for it and so far, we haven't had any break-ins.

Amazingly, I've only seen one on the side of the road since we moved here. Broke my heart.
08:11 AM - Apr 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}