Salma Typhii
A
The rural population isn't white in much of the West and South and it took Obama, now #BidenHarris2024 to remind the Democrats of that. Where do you think #Indigenous nations are? Don't believe me? Look at the map
https://primary.ers.usda.g...
Natalie Hill @NattyJ
Rural Voters Are More Progressive Than the Democratic Party Thinks https://www.nytimes.com/li...
12:30 PM - Apr 23, 2024
12:37 PM - Apr 23, 2024 (Edited)
John Luttermoser
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
This is a very good point, Salma. Thank you for reminding me that where I live isn't the same as everywhere. In the Midwest, it feels like whether a state is blue or red depends on whether it has one big metro area that can outvote the rural areas (example: Chicago).
01:48 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Orlando Fuentes
A
Right. I remember red state governors doing everything they can not to have indigenous votes counted.
01:30 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Orlando Fuentes.
Yep! Both Dakotas just lost cases IIRC and have to change their laws
01:32 PM - Apr 23, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
Howard Dean tried to get Democrats to focus on all states, all elections but he was felled by one overly enthusiastic shout.

Rural liberals and progressives in "red states*" (*don't exist) have been abandoned by the DNC as not being cost effective.

Cost cutting is endangering our very democracy.
12:49 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Michigander
A
In Michigan, it's very, very, very trumpie.
12:48 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Michigander.
Not up in the Indigenous Nations
12:58 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Sue Lee
A
In response to Michigander.
In WI, it would seem that all rural are R, but there are definite pockets of Ds in rural counties. The map shows the results of the 2023 Spring Election for WI SC.(Wikipedia). Justice Protasiewicz, the “liberal” candidate won 54% vs 44%.
01:20 PM - Apr 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}