Socio-gen
A
It's primary Election Day, Pennsylvania!

Are you voting in person? Have you turned in your mail-in ballot? Do you know the names of any candidates you want to write in?

Polls opened at 7am, and will close at 8pm.

Let's do this!
07:08 AM - Apr 23, 2024 (Edited)
Democracy For All
A
In response to Socio-gen.
I live in Colorado, and I love to track primaries (vote nerd here 🤓). Could you tell me about your Pennsylvania experience? Did PA have a presidential primary already? Are you voting whole ballot? Does PA have a mail in ballot? What seats are you excited about? (Told ya I was a nerd! 💙)
01:05 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Socio-gen
A
Oh, you may regret this... I LOVE talking about PA elections. (Former judge of elections for my voting precinct).

So this is the presidential, US Senate, and state offices* primary. PA has a closed primary system, so only party members vote, to choose the candidates for the November general.
In response to Democracy For All.
03:31 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Democracy For All
A
No regrets here, AT ALL! Thanks so much for responding. 💙 Area coordinator & precinct leader here. Designed the vote your whole ballot blue voter guide for the county Dems since 2008, fascinated w/ how folks take ownership of their ballot. Big believer that if you do that, you’ll never not vote!
06:21 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Socio-gen
A
In response to Democracy For All.
Are we best friends now?? I love the idea of having a vote your whole ballot guide! I push so hard to make sure people vote in ALL the races, not just "the big ones."

Also a huge fan of educating people about voting in our off-year municipal elections, which have the most direct impact day-to-day.
06:37 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Socio-gen
A
We do have no excuse mail-in balloting thanks to Act 77 which was passed by our GOP-majority Legislature in 2018 (I think), which they then sued to overturn after 2020 because TFG hated it. 🤣

I've voted mail-in since 2020 (just turned in my mail-in ballot to the election office last Wed). Love it!
03:34 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Socio-gen
A
Seats I'm excited about:

The Attorney General Race: all 5 Dems running are great, but I'd like to see Joe Khan win the nom. He came full-throated for repro rights.

Malcolm Kenyatta for Auditor General. He was a fantastic state rep who I supported for Lt Gov last year.
03:38 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Democracy For All
A
Repugs in our state LOVED the mail in ballot before trumpy. They didn’t stand for anything back then either, but mail in made it easier for everyone. My county’s clerk did a pilot program for mail ballots years ago, used to be “opt-in”, worked so well, she helped draft the mail in as statewide law.
06:26 PM - Apr 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}