Alicia Norman
A
Jon Stewart is right:

If familiarity breeds contempt, media coverage on Trump is giving us an overdose of it… Do we need to know every time Trump sleeps, sneezes or farts?

https://oneangryblackchick...
07:52 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Alicia Norman.
I think fascism has never gone away from ignoring it, and generalized attacks on "the media" are both sides-ism (a specially of Stewart's), which, like all both sides-ism, help fascism.

If familiarity breeds contempt, then I want voters to be as familiar with Trump as possible.
07:53 PM - Apr 23, 2024 (Edited)
Alicia Norman
A
I don't think you ignore it, but I do think you should take it in doses, otherwise you grow apathetic, which is my overall point. I have CPTSD and too much made me suicidally depressed. That ain't good. It's about calming down and regulating "how" you watch so it doesn't overwhelm you.
In response to Anton Brakhage.
07:57 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Alicia Norman.
That's fair.

I think the form of the coverage is important, not just the amount. There is a difference between useful, informative coverage, and coverage which either trivializes/excuses it, or engages in fear-mongering/doomfeeding.
08:14 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Alicia Norman
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
You said in one post what I was trying to in my entire screed. Well said and on point--co-signed. Thank you :-)
08:32 PM - Apr 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}