Nick
A
thread 1/2
From Utah, where they're doing the same insane thing, I'm sorry Tennessee. Irony is entirely lost on these idiotic pricks who call teachers groomers, don't trust them to pick books for their classes, but want them to be armed security for the school. I don't have the words for the contempt I feel.
Jacsmoore @ @JofromVirginia
Welcome back to the 80's➖️ the 1780's. Oh Tennessee what have you done⁉️
09:55 PM - Apr 23, 2024
11:40 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Nick
A
thread 2/2
Even worse in Utah: it's illegal for even the Principal to ask teachers if they're packing. So I, as a parent, have absolutely no way to know if there is a gun in my child's classroom. It is only a matter of time before someone dies at the end of a teacher's gun, and it won't be a school shooter.
11:45 PM - Apr 23, 2024
Jenny Leung
A
Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry you had that experience. I completely agree with you on all counts about the insanity. During student teaching our school was put on lockdown due to an armed bank robbery down the block. We had officers with rifles outside our classroom. That was terrifying enough.
In response to Nick.
06:52 AM - Apr 24, 2024
Nick
A
In response to Jenny Leung.
But of course the Republicans who push that nonsense haven't done a single thing in good faith in at least the 16 years I've been in the country, and I assume some significant time before that, so I certainly don't expect them to start now 🤷‍♂️
07:07 AM - Apr 24, 2024
Nick
A
In response to Jenny Leung.
Yeah. Far from the first to make this observation but the idea that wearing masks in a pandemic or accepting the existence of trans kids is traumatizing our children when constant active shooter drills and armed security at schools isn't is beyond farcical, and beyond parody.
07:05 AM - Apr 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}