Craig Baird
A
thread 1/8
Do you remember the show Bordertown?
I was thinking about it recently, so I decided to look into the history of this Canadian show!

Bordertown was a western drama that ran on CTV for 78 episodes from 1989 to 1991.
10:28 AM - Apr 24, 2024
Craig Baird
A
thread 2/8
The setting of the show was a town on the US-Canada border in the 1880s where law enforcement was shared between a US Marshal and a North-West Mounted Police corporal.

The town was named Pemmican and it sat right on the 49th parallel.
Craig Baird
A
thread 3/8
US Marshall Jack Craddock and NWMP Corporal Clive Bennett shared an office, which had a painted line down the middle.

The series was co-produced between Alliance Entertainment Corporation of Canada and Tele-Images of France.
Craig Baird
A
thread 4/8
To appeal to French viewers, French directors were used and Sophie Barjac was hired to play a main character who came from Paris.

The entire show was filmed on a ranch to the east of Vancouver. It took 65 carpenters six weeks to build the $500,000 set for the town.
Craig Baird
A
thread 5/8
Every building was complete inside and out and no sound stages were used.

To ensure everything looked authentic, era-appropriate props were used. The saloon held antique bottles and the livery stable had saddles that were over 100 years old.
Craig Baird
A
thread 6/8
Sophie Barjac played Marie Dumont, the love interest for the two law men.

Richard Comar, who was born in Edmonton, played Marshal Jack Craddock. He acted in other Canadian shows such as Psi Factor, F/X: The Series, and The Adventures of Sinbad.

John H.
Craig Baird
A
thread 7/8
Brennan, who was born in Montreal, played Corporal Clive Bennett. He acted in other shows such as SeaQuest, Melrose Place, E.N.G and Chicago Hope.

Overall, the show was generally well-received by critics.
Craig Baird
A
thread 8/8
It earned a CableACE nomination and eight Gemini Award nominations, mostly for production, costume and score.

If you enjoy my Canadian history content, you can support my work with a donation at http://www.buymeacoffee.co...

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}