Sabine Savvidis
A
The U.S. secretly shipped the long-range version of ATACMS to Ukraine last month, and Kyiv has already used them to strike Russian targets twice.
GOOD. There are always ways.
https://www.politico.com/n...
01:05 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Jerry Wechsler
A
In response to Sabine Savvidis.
"The weapons were then secretly sent as part of a $300 million tranche of military aid announced in March.”

I guessed this was part of the $300 million ‘savings’ announced not long ago.

Thanks for posting the Politico link.
01:14 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Jerry Wechsler
A
In response to Jerry Wechsler.
The U.K. announced its largest Ukraine aid package to date this week, which induces 1,600 missiles, including more Storm Shadows. France has also sent its SCALP missile, which has a similar range.
01:16 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Jerry Wechsler
A
Now that three allies have sent their longer-range missiles to Ukraine, it adds more pressure on German Chancellor Olaf Scholz to send his long-range Taurus missile. His government so far has refused to do so, yet the move has significant support in the German parliament.
01:16 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
I wish you were right, Jerry. Scholz is extremely stubborn and arrogantly views himself as the nation's father who has to prevent a 'nuclear escalation'. Or maybe he's just listening too much to the Russian assets in his party.
01:45 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Jerry Wechsler
A
Thanks for the info, Ms. Savvidis. There is no reason to believe a German politician can ignore the push and pull of political currents any more than an American one can. Biden’s not alone trying to navigate between Scylla and Charybdis.
02:38 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
Well said, Mr. Wechsler!
02:48 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Jerry Wechsler
A
Thanks. I’ve on occasion added that Biden is tasked with trying to get Scylla and Charybdis to negotiate and make peace with each other. On the US domestic stage, he’s been able to mostly accomplish the metaphorical reconciliation. But with fanatic theocrats Hamas and Likud, it’s much harder.
03:04 PM - Apr 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}