hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
thread 1/2
I am disgusted beyond words with what the Israeli gov't is doing in Gaza. I'm also Jewish. You can absolutely criticize the Israeli gov't and its actions without being antisemitic. (See: the hundreds of thousands of Israelis in the streets protesting.)

BUT.
Khrissy Choate @KhrissyChoate
Judging from some replies and quote spouts I have received to my own spouts and others I’ve read lately; the not all people who criticize Israel are antisemitic crowd is becoming like the NAWP (not all white people) crowd. If you are criticizing the Israeli government for its bad deeds thru peaceful
02:53 PM - Apr 24, 2024
03:07 PM - Apr 24, 2024
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
thread 2/2
But people who are antisemitic are veiling their hatred behind the very valid criticisms one can make about the gov't of Israel. Not all criticism is honest and valid. Antisemitism is absolutely everywhere right now. (It's never been all that well-hidden, to be honest.)
03:10 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Khrissy Choate
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
I’m honestly shocked at the sheer number of times I’ve had to defend a post of mine, here, and elsewhere, because some people can’t or won’t differentiate between legitimate and effective protests versus angry, violent mobs. The crisis in Gaza has opened my eyes to people’s (not so) thinly veiled…
04:22 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Khrissy Choate
A
In response to Khrissy Choate.
Prejudices toward Jewish people. I knew antisemitism was on the rise again, but I did not fully realize how prevalent it is.
04:24 PM - Apr 24, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}