Rhys Parton
A
thread 1/7
Polls showing Canadians falling for divisive rhetoric and slogans from the Conservatives who have no plan, no policy platform, while the Liberals, with the help of the NDP, are actually trying to do things for Canadians.

Sad and frustrating sight.
11:19 PM - Apr 24, 2024 (Edited)
Rhys Parton
A
thread 2/7
This doesn’t absolve the Liberals from having mistakes under Justin Trudeau, they have - probably more than I’ve seen living overseas and not getting all the news - and it doesn’t mean they’re without fault.

I don’t approve of his approach to Israel at the moment, for example.
11:24 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Rhys Parton
A
thread 3/7
And in the recent budget I see his government, like many of either side of politics before it, hasn’t given the disabled community in Canada the sort of support, services, and funding it needs and deserves - they are right to criticise that.
11:25 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Rhys Parton
A
thread 4/7
But I’m seeing effort in other areas that should be praised, especially when the Conservatives have nothing but whinging and chanting slogans that oppose anything the Liberals, and especially Justin Trudeau does.
11:26 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Rhys Parton
A
thread 5/7
The new housing laws and funding are impressive and important, as are the renters rights.

Recent new Medicare legislation, supported massively by the NDP, are good.

The IMF rated them the best budget management in the world this year.

I just think Canadian are being duped.
11:30 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Rhys Parton
A
thread 6/7
I hope they stick with the Liberals or NDP, whoever will win in any particular Riding.

Expect better, of course, always, but keep them.

The world can’t afford a conservative government.

Climate Change and climate action is too important.
11:34 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Rhys Parton
A
thread 7/7
Pierre Poilievre will reverse any climate action and allow further pollution.

Definitely make sure you demand more of what you need and want from a re-elected Trudeau government, but re-elect one.

We can’t f*ck around.

Vote Liberal, NDP, or Green - whichever progressive part will win your Riding.
11:35 PM - Apr 24, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}