Deb
A
I enjoy all the book discussions on Spoutible. I worked in libraries and bookstores for 25 years and never found many people interested in discussing reading and books. I do want to ask how many of you buy all your books or check them out of the library. #books
10:04 AM - Apr 25, 2024
Patricia Teter
A
In response to Deb.
Love eBooks now, via the library when possible, otherwise purchase. While I love physical books, I am currently attempting to cull my books down and will donate to the library book sales. Primarily fiction, nonfiction and many research related books.
10:17 PM - Apr 28, 2024
A. F. E. W. Natural Changes
A
In response to Deb.
I go into the library on a once a month. I’m a huge Libby and Hoopla audio user. I run a small (12 member) local book club and am part of a few more.
03:01 PM - Apr 26, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
In response to Deb.
I'm all library, all the time. But since it's hard for me to get there, I mostly just use Libby.
02:29 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Jacsmoore @
A
In response to Deb.
I try Libby for new releases and non-fiction. I tend to look for bargains when I'm buying (usually Kindle or epub)
10:30 AM - Apr 25, 2024
Deb
A
In response to Jacsmoore @.
I used to buy close to a hundred books a year. We cut way back on buying all kinds of things a few years ago to reduce our impact on the environment. I miss new books and check out almost everything I read from the library now. Also tired of dusting all the books on our shelves.
10:36 AM - Apr 25, 2024
A Hayes
A
In response to Deb.
I buy all my books, 95% of which are ebooks. The library was a safe, happy refuge for me in childhood. Now, I live in a town where the library is a bookcase & 2 computers inside city hall.
10:20 AM - Apr 25, 2024
Deb
A
In response to A Hayes.
I check out almost everything I read from the library now. Michigan has a system that allows patrons to check out books from libraries all over the state. It takes a book about one week to arrive at my home library. I am very grateful for this program.
10:38 AM - Apr 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}