Sabine Savvidis
A
thread 1/4
Legal mood:
Eric Segall:
"I am getting very afraid the Cons are going to say POTUS isn’t immune but he can’t violate a federal criminal law unless Congress specifically says the President is covered. That would be a disaster but it’s possible."
12:18 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
thread 2/4
Elie Mystal:
"I have left my body and am texting things I can't say aloud to my friends."
Sabine Savvidis
A
thread 3/4
Anthony Michael Kreis:
~ no immunity~
Sotomayor
Jackson
Kagan
Barrett
Roberts *key vote*
Kavanaugh
Gorsuch
Thomas
Alito
~ absolute immunity~
Sabine Savvidis
A
thread 4/4
Steve Vladeck:
"Justice Alito suggests that, if former presidents are subject to prosecution after leaving office, they'll be more likely to seek to unlawfully remain in office after they were defeated for re-election/their term has ended.
JFC."
Whale World! Party Time! Excellent!
A
In response to Sabine Savvidis.
I was going to say that’s exactly what happened here. But I don’t think that his entire reason for trying to stay in office is because of expected prosecution. It’s just because he thinks he deserves the office. It does not make him immune to anything.
01:10 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Whale World! Party Time! Excellent!
A
In response to Whale World! Party Time! Excellent!.
That said, if there IS any immunity, it should NEVER include “trying to stay in office beyond your term.” The orderly transition of power is a fundamental pillar of democracy. Any Scotus justice that thinks otherwise needs to leave the court.
01:13 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Sabine Savvidis.
He's not from some former confederate state, he's from central NJ. He knows better. He also knows his ass would've been retired at age 70 by law if he were a NJ Judge.
12:43 PM - Apr 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}