Tracy I
A
thread 1/5
I have a friend I met when I was a Pride Center Board member , so really not a close personal friend, but we’ve been FB friends ever since. In the past 8 years she’s been through a lot, she was transitioning when we met and seemed like a very well adjusted person. At some point since started
11:47 AM - Apr 25, 2024 (Edited)
Tracy I
A
thread 2/5
Having serious mental health issues. Got disability retirement. Has moved all over the country, changing plans, getting treatment at various places, multiple diagnoses. I only know the snippets shared on social media. She’s always come back to “stable” after each incident.But the last couple weeks
11:47 AM - Apr 25, 2024
Tracy I
A
thread 3/5
have been worse than usual. She’s utilizing messenger during this recent crisis and is sending a constant stream of paranoia and gibberish. I’ve watched her FB friends dwindle from 100s to a dozen and people opt out of the conversation. She is hospitalized now and presumably safe. I keep hanging in
Tracy I
A
thread 4/5
because it seems important that someone is listening. There are a couple of relatives and friends nearer her current location trying to help. It’s not something I’m directly involved in, but it’s tough when all I can say is “I hear you.” She’s obsessed with Musk and X and going to Mars and secret
Tracy I
A
thread 5/5
messages of acronyms and emojis. “Do not call 911. Just eat sushi” etc etc. Not sure what my point is here but it sure is an interesting experience. I’m not exaggerating the 100s of messages. It’s literally 100s.
Deb
A
We need to protect our mental health too and that can be very difficult when you are seeing a friend or family member struggling.
In response to Tracy I.
12:29 PM - Apr 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}