Kevin Hilbiber
A
thread 1/7
Macular Degeneration is a trip. At least its age related so I came by it honestly and earnstly.
09:46 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
thread 2/7
I grew up visual- got a 2 year basic electronics degree and design now, never learned the greek math of the EE as what it described- phase shifts as well as frequencies and amplitudes- they created an "imaginary number" to describe something visually obvious.
Kevin Hilbiber
A
thread 3/7
Took this artist 3 tries to pass algebra in high school- 3rd try was with a math teacher not a tenure delegated PE coach teaching an aside. They told me that there are no square roots of negative numbers; That was absolute value's gig.
Kevin Hilbiber
A
thread 4/7
Today, we can still look at other's work and offer insights into why something hums, say- When visual memory reinforced over decades becomes muscle memory; Good thing. Mom passed at 67 having had Alsheimers for her last 7 years. I'm 68 and only seeing the shadows of it.
Kevin Hilbiber
A
thread 5/7
Whats weird is this echoes the blossoming of dyslexia last year that became obvious fast.

Nothing of value comes without cost. I'm not complaining; Its not journalism as the media does not cover individual experiences with mental illness save from the victims of their crimes.
Kevin Hilbiber
A
thread 6/7
But it sort of is, if you too are aging and on the spectrum. I always loved writing and aced descriptive writing in college when Dr. Mac had us describe a picture to him that we sealed in an envelope, such that when he opened it and put the drawings on the light table they were in focus.
Kevin Hilbiber
A
thread 7/7
My drawing for this elective class in my degree was the 3 legged optical illusion Mad Magazine made popular ages ago. Why all he needed was a ruler and pen to give me an A on it.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}