Arvin da Brgha
B
If humans never died, there'd be no religions. Religion is the source of all human suffering. Religion exists because we are liars with no respect for life. If death were vanquished tomorrow, a year on, all religions would cease to exist. Be here. Start living. Religions obsess with death not life!
09:14 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Arvin da Brgha.
Agnostic on the "all human suffering" part (see what I did there?), but I agree death is the explanation for any/all religions. Hell, in the year 2024, many people won't just say someone died - they "left us," or "passed away," or, if they're religious, some version of "joined the choir invisible."
09:25 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Arvin da Brgha
B
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
It is sheer madness. It also explains why we choose nihilistic leaders, predominantly male, who do nothing but divide and engage in the death cult of warfare, religions' real socio-economic purpose...
09:28 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
Collecting wealth seems to have been the motivation all along, I can't argue with that. I just can't ignore the fact that hominids have a mean streak, whether they're religious or not - Dawkins is an asshole to transgender people, and he doesn't believe in anything beyond humanity.
09:55 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Arvin da Brgha
B
Elephants mourn a death but do they really time-waste about the hereafter and all that... highly improbable. The current obsession with all out nuclear meltdown to trigger who knows what is tragic. Every day a million stars nova & all the worlds with civilisations therein no more. No one saves them
10:10 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
Yeah - reputedly, we're in the middle of one of several major mass extinction events, but that's not something on most people's radar. The climate is killing things as it goes - the Atlantic conveyor could reshape the entire ecology - but the planet was ours to plunder, for some...
10:25 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Arvin da Brgha
B
It is pure nihilistic madness
10:26 PM - Apr 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}