Trish
A
Australia is a beautiful country and I met some great people when I spent a month there in 2004 during a RTW trip. I was, however, struck by how similar it is to the U.S. Especially the racism. And it’s the only place I’ve been robbed outside of the U.S.
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes @JustJudith_n_ALF
A single, small, failed terror plot prompts a new round of attacks on basic liberties & free speech.
It’s a recurring pattern in #Australia demonstrating that the commitment to privacy & freedoms, even among the media class, is shallow & easily overwhelmed by hysteria and special interes
11:27 PM - Apr 25, 2024
11:36 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Meg Smythe
A
In response to Trish.
I was in Oz about the same time. I was largely unimpressed. To be fair, I was living in NZ at the time so am likely biased. NZ is the only other place on earth I’d like to resettle.
11:46 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Trish
A
In response to Meg Smythe.
💯 I LOVE New Zealand! I was there for two months and didn’t want to leave! It’s spectacular and the people are amazing. I’d move there in a second if they’d have me.
11:49 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Meg Smythe
A
In response to Trish.
Agreed. Hindsight being 20/20, there isn’t a day goes by that I don’t wish I’d accepted that job offer and stayed past the 2 years I was there.
11:51 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Trish
A
In response to Meg Smythe.
Oh yeah, that was a mistake. 😂
11:53 PM - Apr 25, 2024
Meg Smythe
A
In response to Trish.
Rub it in.
11:54 PM - Apr 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}